News: SEND Green paper info and local consultation events.
Have your say on the Government consultation on the system for SEND and alternative provision in England.
National SEND Green Paper Update.
Together, we can ensure every child and young person with SEND and those in alternative provision can thrive and be well prepared for adult life.
The government has published a green paper which sets out its vision to improve the quality of support given to children across education, health and care.
It proposes to:
- create a single, national SEND and alternative provision system
- provide excellent provision from early years to adulthood
- introduce a reformed and integrated role for alternative provision, for children who can not attend mainstream school, whether for behavioural, health or other needs
- reform system roles, funding and accountability
To ensure everyone has time to access and contribute to the SEND Green Paper consultation, it has been extended by 3 weeks and will now close on Friday 22 July.
◇ “SEND review: right support, right place, right time”. The easy read version of review is now available:https://www.gov.uk/…/send-review-right-support-right…
◇ National Consultation survey here:https://consult.education.gov.uk/send…/send-review-2022/
◇ Durham specific info & consultation here before 5pm on Friday 15th June https://www.durham.gov.uk/…/Special-Educational-Needs…
LOCAL FACE TO FACE QUESTION AND ANSWER EVENTS.
An MCT member will be at each event & refreshments will be provided.
- County Hall, Durham. – Already taken place.
- Newton Aycliffe Leisure Centre – Already taken place.
- Stanley Civic Hall – Already taken place
- Possible zoom sessions
- If unable to attend face to face. Online Durham survey / feedback form HERE
For further information go to https://www.durham.gov.uk/article/27407/Special-Educational-Needs-and-Disabilities-SEND-Review-Right-support-right-place-right-time or for enquiries email email@example.com
Posted on: 13th May 2022