Our Parent Carer Conference Info.
MCT held their ” Every disabled child matters conference” in October 2007 where parents / carers and professionals got together to discuss the possibility of working jointly to improve services in County Durham for children and young people with a disability or additional need. The first proper MCT parent carer conference was held at Seaham Hall in May 2008.
MCT now hold 2 parent carer conferences every year – 1 in May and 1 in November. Recently they have been held at Ramside Hall, Durham.
These conferences allow parents and carers to –
- Receive information and give feedback.
- Find out what is happening in the world of SEND within County Durham.
- Highlight issues of concern.
- Make changes together.
- Time to talk to other parents and professionals.
- Have nice food 🙂
At the conferences MCT have a selection of speakers ( usually including people from the local authority, social care , NHS and local organisations) , information stands from a large number of organisations and allow parent carer participation.
Conference recordings of the speakers are taken on the day ( when available) and uploaded to the MCT Durham YouTube account at a later date so those who could not attend can watch the speakers and get all of the information. Links of previous conference YouTube recordings can be found below.
After every conference MCT compile a conference report which includes all of the information from the day so you can refer to at a later date. Previous conference reports are below to download. If you wish to have a printed copy of a conference report sent in the post you can request these by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Our last conferences were Thursday 12th May 2022.
PREVIOUS CONFERENCE REPORTS
- Links to November 2021 slides etc HERE
* MCT November 2018 Conference report – HERE
* MCT May 2018 Conference report – HERE
PREVIOUS CONFERENCE YOUTUBE VIDEOS
- November 2021 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YteT-Wdb0RU&t=23s
- May 19th 2021 – Webinar conference 2 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhsvFmTd1ac&t=8212s
- May 17th 2021 – Webinar conference 1 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGuVDOFOKI0&t=8039s
- November 19th 2020 – Webinar conference 1 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCbnU0lDaw0&t=16s
- November 17th 2020 – Webinar conference 2 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q33Avu0JGwg&t=146s